- Adapted for life on land and in the water.
- Stumpy legs better at swimming than walking.
- Could sense the movement of prey in the water.
- Roughly 3m long.
- Eyes unusually far forward on its head.
- Carnivore/Piscivore – look at those sharp teeth!
The Koskinonodon was a type of prehistoric amphibian that lived in the late Triassic period. Fossils and bones had mostly been found in different southern states of the USA until some showed up in India in the 1960s – that’s a long way to swim! Like our modern newts and salamanders, Koskinonodon could live on land and in the water but was much happier swimming about where it could hunt other small reptiles and fish.